Highly skilled leader with over fifteen years of strong executive management experience in digital interface design and product development. Extensive experience integrating user-centered design principles in Agile development environments. Successfully built UX practices from ground up in three distinctive environments.
Hired to develop and implement UX Design strategy for Surescripts, the largest and most trusted health information network in the U.S. Maturing the design practice with a focus on Discovery, Design, and Validation. Balancing centralized design studio with a democratized approach to research and new product ideation.
Lead a multidisciplinary team including an information architect/content strategist, interaction designer, user researcher, and accessibility engineer undertaking a large-scale intranet redesign project.
Project work included leading the UX design team for a greenfield application development project to build a data-driven portal to support healthcare advocates in their work with clinicians.
From 2018-2020 I led a multi-disciplinary team including UX, engineering, QA, dev ops and A11y designing and managing the AEM platform that supports Optum.com, Optumcare.com, and Optum Bank.
- Introduced the first user-centered design practice for the enterprise.
- Hired and led a team of 12 UX professionals to support digital product design and development for Merrill’s emerging Product Development organization.
- Successfully transitioned from waterfall to dual-track Agile and supported both Scrum and Kanban development teams.
- Designed the information architecture and directed the overall UX design for Merrill’s new SASS platform, DatasiteOne.
- Provided a full suite of services including heuristic evaluation, user research and discovery, information architecture and interaction design, and usability testing.
- Taught graduate level User & Task Analysis, and Advanced Information Architecture courses in the Information Architecture and Knowledge Management program at KSU.
- Clients included: Target Corp., Intuit, Veritext, Teach for America, Eaton Corporation, Summa Health System, Summa Care, Bloomboard, the Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, University of Michigan Sea Grant.
- Led user interface design and usability efforts for Westlaw.com, the premiere legal research tool relied upon by legal professionals—user base includes the DOJ, IRS and US Supreme Court
- Partnered with corporate marketing, creative services, application technology development and business units to solve web design challenges in a complex decentralized environment
- Initiated partnerships with external vendors
- Introduced usability methodologies including heuristic evaluation, cognitive walkthroughs, rapid iterative testing and design and formal usability testing
- Supervised quantitative eye tracking study for a Westlaw information product that led to design improvements generating a 10% revenue increase.
Balanced consulting engagements and executive management in rapidly growing entrepreneurial environment:
Seasoned conference speaker with over a dozen presentations including 1-hour sessions, half and full-day workshops and 3-day seminars in the US, Canada, and the UK at venues including Internet World, User Interface Engineering, American Society of Indexers, ASIS&T.
- Summa Cum Laude (Class Valedictorian)
- Phi Beta Kappa